Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mishap In Paradise: Chapter 4 may be the assignment!

Hello Everyone,

I may have jumped the gun on the last post and wrote about the wrong topic. Chapter 4 was all about people. Who are the people? Where are the people? What are do they like? Do they like me? Do they like what I'm saying?

All of these things have to be considered when writing technical documents and it such a great relief that we such a great reference book. Because if I had to remember everything there is to consider about writing for an audience, my head would explode.

Obviously, my head wouldn't explode, but I might reach for that bottle of jack across the room to smite my sorrows. I feel like in order to write a document for someone, I would have to sit down with them for dinner so that I'd know if what I write in the next document would offend that person and they would have a hate burning like a thousand suns for me!

Hopefully the real world is not like that and the next time I give a presentation I'm greeted with cheers and not the sound of bottles smashing next to my head, telling me to get away from the podium!

Regards,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment