Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Instruction Creation Project Topic



Hello Everyone,

What I've choose to write instructions for is a program of mine. Its along the same lines as what I did my documentation analysis on. It has quite a complicated user interface, which I believe needs some instructions to allow someone to use it.

The program automates the killing process of a character in the MMORPG Final Fantasy XI. It takes over control of the character for the player, so that he does not have to do the tedious work of killing creatures over and over again.  

There user interface consists of seven tabs with names on the far left; names like Targets, Ignored and Routes. Each of these areas contains an interface that controls a piece of the program's functionality. We are currently looking at the grid of the Targets tab.

This part of the program controls what creatures the player should try to kill. When a creatures name is added to the combo box on the screen, the program will acknowledge that it should kill any creatures with that name. We can add, delete and clear all creature names for the combo box. The check boxes control under which conditions we can engage the targeted creatures (The creatures in the combo box).

As you can see, just by reading what I've typed, there are a lot of features jammed into one screen of the program. I need to build instructions for all of the screens and document what each screen is suppose to do and how to set it up to do it. Hopefully it won't take too much effort to do.

Kind Regards,
Mike

1 comment:

  1. I think that it's pretty impressive that you can write a program. I took a programming class here at Bridgewater but I might as well have been trying to take Chinese. I did not do well in the class at all. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete